The Africa Centre is pleased to announce the winners of our Artists In Residency Programme (General Call).
After receiving over 350 applications across artistic disciplines, we shortlisted 28 artists on behalf of our residency partners. Based on each residency’s specific interest, they selected the following artists:
- Aida Muluneh | Visual Arts | Ethiopia (Instituto Sacatar)
- Modupeola Olufunke Fadugba | Visual Arts | Nigeria (ISCP- NYC)
- Mohamed Osman Mohamed Altoum | Film | Sudan (Bundanon Trust)
- Ng’endo Mukii | Visual Arts | Kenya (Jiwar)
- Shatha Al-deghady | Visual Arts | Egypt (The Fountainhead Residency)
Over the next two weeks, we will be revealing more about these artists, including their residency proposals on www.africacentre.net
Artists selected for residencies at The Rockefeller Foundation Bellagio Center will be announced in April/May 2018.
Congratulations to this year’s winners!