Meet the 2016 AIR Award Laureates
The process of reviewing and selecting African artists to award our residencies, is an invaluable opportunity to travel through our continent’s beautifully diverse artistic landscape.
We are delighted to share a little insight into the each of the seven artists who were recently awarded residencies at our partner spaces all over the world.
- Mina Nasr | Visual Arts | Egypt
- Qudus Onikeku | Performing Arts| Nigeria
- Catherine Nakawesa | Performing Arts | Uganda
- Hasan Essop | Visual Arts | South Africa
- Beza Lemma | Film| Ethiopia
- Gladys Kalichini | Visual Arts| Zambia
- James Webb | Visual Arts | South Africa
We will shortly be announcing the shortlist for the Rockefeller Foundation Bellagio Center competition. Stay tuned!